Advance Parole: How Can I Travel With DACA?

By Published On: March 21, 2022Categories: Vlog, Immigration

“El Show Sin Fronteras”

How Long Does The Advance Parole Process Take

It should take about 6 and 9 months to get an answer, it was 9 months for our administrator Fidel Campuzano, we applied last year clarifying that we had a meeting for him in the office, we were waiting for the decision and they gave us the approval that he had a deadline, then the permit that Fidel received gave him several entries but he had to be inside the United States before March 7.

Help From An Attorney For Advance Parole

Immigration does not require an attorney for the process, that’s a type of case that is straightforward depending on how comfortable the person is applying, for example, if they have a job and the business is asking for the permit, the business must pay the fee to immigration and must hire an attorney for assistance.

If you are visiting a family member for a humanitarian or educational reason, it is worth consulting or working with us, we do not charge much for our Advance Parole services.

The importance of hiring an attorney for a simple procedure is to know that everything will be well done and that it will be done quickly without rejection, without a negative decision that could harm your eligibility.

We received the approval for Fidel two weeks before the meeting and if we had done it the wrong way, he would not have been able to leave, because the time in this procedure is very important, the time in this process is quite important, it is worth it and it’s not very difficult.

Like all immigration cases, if you are telling immigration that you have a meeting, you have a job, you have a trip with your school, you have a grandmother in the hospital, everything has to be proven, you always have to show evidence proving your case.

The most usual thing that is seen to visit relatives who are very ill or who have just passed away, includes immediate relatives such as grandparents or aunts and uncles, the most common in these types of cases will be birth certificates to prove the parental relationship, either the birth certificate of the parents to prove the relationship with the grandparent, these are proofs that they will ask for.

Also, if the family member has already passed away, they will ask for the death certificate, or if the family member is very ill, a letter of approval from the doctor who is treating the family member, this is the most common thing to see in this type of case.

Can I Return To The U.S. With Advance Parole?

All people are afraid to go to the immigration interview for their residency, for the citizenship test, to go through the Border Patrol with your Visa, Advance Parole or any process, it is stressful with the immigration agency, especially when someone is leaving and returning to the United States for the first time in 18 years.

It is normal to be afraid, but what we can say is that you don’t need to be, only people who have a serious criminal record need to be very careful, and that is something that we could review in a consultation, but when someone is applying for Advance Parole immigration is going to look at their background and also take their fingerprints when they cross.

You have to make sure that you have no arrests, no outstanding warrants, no convictions, these are important things to keep in mind, but  if you do not have these details in your history there is no reason to be afraid of crossing through immigration.

Fidel’s Decision To Apply For Advance Parole

It will be 10 years since Dreamers have had this option to apply for Advance Parole, in the case of Lincoln-Goldfinch Law Administrator Fidel Campuzano, it took him some time to get it because before working with our firm, he had already consulted with an attorney who inserted a lot of fear by telling him that there was a possibility of risk of staying out of the United States.

Fidel was left with that fear and Fidel was left only with the advice of that lawyer, then as time went by, he began to work at Lincoln-Goldfinch Law, he began to see how our customers were going through the same situation and were leaving the United States through its DACA program.

Soon after Fidel realized that it was possible, that there is no risk in not being able to return to the United States, that it was his time to take this big step, it was the perfect time to do it, he also made this decision for the excitement of reconnecting with his family in Mexico, to visit them and travel to the country where he was born.

He finally achieved what he had been waiting for so many years and was able to return to the United States, to his hometown again without any complications, neither on the flight nor with the immigration agents.

What Documents Do I Need For DACA & Advance Parole?

For DACA you must prove your eligibility for the program, you had to have entered before your 16th birthday on or before June 15, 2007, the evidence of your presence in the United States since that date.

Proof that they did their high school degree that they are studying, and then, when they have DACA they can apply for Advance Parole based on a humanitarian reason for education or work.

Can Domestic Violence Affect My Petition?

Domestic violence is a crime included for the U Visa, if someone has suffered domestic violence even if they have not been charged there is no conviction, yes you could ask for the U Visa or police certification, but if you were the person who was arrested or charged that could affect a case in the future depending on what happened with the charges.

If the charges were dropped and it turned out to be a conviction, depending on the case you have, certain strategies apply, because there are cases like the U Visa or the VAWA Visa and other humanitarian cases where you can ask for the benefit even if you have a criminal record, that is part of the immigration law.

It can be very complicated, it depends on your history, your arrests in your case, and it is worthwhile to consult directly with us in a free and completely confidential consultation so we can review how your case will affect you and your eligibility.

Can I Apply For My Tourist Visa If I Have A Pending Process?

When someone has applied for an Immigrant Visa which is the I-130, perhaps if your child, your spouse, or your parent has applied for it and is waiting for their permanent residency, you may be able to apply for an I-130, it’s not worthwhile to apply for a Tourist Visa, because immigration knows that you plan to immigrate permanently to the United States.

That is the most important detail for a person applying for a Temporary Visa because immigration wants to know that you do plan to return to your country.

There are times where you may have an I-130 or pending case, and have a Tourist Visa at the same time, for example, if your wait for the deadline or priority date is long overdue, we may discuss this in a consultation, or if you are already using the services of an attorney, your attorney should be able to respond to your Visa.

Is There An Advance Parole Limit?

It is possible to apply more times to obtain Advance Parole, for example, Fidel can apply again for a permit to travel outside the United States.

Normally with an Advance Parole, you can only leave and enter once, it’s not normal to have a permit to make several entries, they do not give so much time to stay outside the United States, it is about a month in total.

It is not possible to get out multiple times, but you can ask for Advance Parole again, a second or third time if you have a reason to be eligible.

We are in a moment of having the opportunity to be able to leave the United States without any complications, it is worth doing it whenever you can because everybody saw that in the last presidency, the possibility of DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and Advance Parole was put on hold.

When you have the time and a reason to do it, whether you have a job, you have a program in your school, you have a family member in certain conditions, it is worth doing it, and if you are afraid call us because we can offer the services and the assurance that everything will be perfectly done for you to go to your country of origin.

Rest assured that it is worth it and that everything will be covered with our services and our Lincoln-Goldfinch Law Guardians that you can trust.

If you have additional questions about DACA, Advance Parole, or your specific case, you can contact us at (855) 502-0555. After a short 10 minute evaluation of your case over the phone we will let you know what options you have. You can also follow us on our social networks so you won’t miss our weekly broadcasts via Facebook, YouTube & Twitch.

Frequently Asked Questions About Advance Parole

For DACA you must prove your eligibility, you must have entered before your 16th birthday on or before June 15, 2007, your evidence of your presence in the United States since that date, and you may apply for Advance Parole based on a humanitarian reason for education or work.

If your child, spouse or parent has asked for and is awaiting permanent residency , it is not worth applying for a Tourist Visa, because immigration knows that you plan to immigrate permanently to the United States.

With Advance Parole you can only leave and enter once, it is not normal to have a permit to make multiple entries, in fact they do not give that much time to stay outside the United States, it’s about a month in total.

About the Author: Kate Lincoln-Goldfinch

I am the managing partner of Lincoln-Goldfinch Law. Upon graduating from the University of Texas for college and law school, I received an Equal Justice Works Fellowship in 2008, completed at American Gateways. My project served the detained families seeking asylum. After my fellowship, I entered private immigration practice. My firm offers family-based immigration, such as greencards and naturalization, deportation defense, and humanitarian cases such as asylum, U Visa, and VAWA. Everyone at Lincoln-Goldfinch Law is bilingual, has a connection to our cause, and has demonstrated a history of activism for immigrants. To us, our work is not just a job. After the pandemic we began offering bankruptcy services in addition to immigration I realized how much lack of information there is in financial literacy resources in Spanish.

Share this story!

Contact a U.S. Immigration Attorney Today!

    How To Find Us

    Austin Office
    Lincoln-Goldfinch Law

    1005 E 40th St
    Austin, TX 78751

    Waco Office

    Lincoln-Goldfinch Law

    1616 Austin Avenue, Suite A
    Waco, TX 76701
    By Appointment Only

    Austin & Waco
    Call or Text: (855) 502-0555
    Fax: (512) 323-9351

    What Our Clients Say

    “This Lawfirm is great, very professional and helpful. I love that they are always in communication and always available for when you have questions . 100% recommended by me and my family. Thank you Lincoln-Goldfinch Law”