Under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), nationals of certain countries may enter the United States for tourism or business for a period of up to 90 days without a visa.
Not all nationals of VWP countries may enter the United States without a visa.
To enter the United States under the VWP, you must:
- Show that you will be staying for 90 days or less;
- Show that the purpose of your stay is tourism or business;
- Present a machine-readable passport (MRP) valid for six months past your expected stay in the United States (unless exempt under country-specific agreements);
- Have complied with the conditions of previous admissions under the VWP and must not have been found ineligible for a U.S. visa;
- Travel on an approved carrier and not by private aircraft; and
- Have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination (certain persons are exempt from this requirement).
VWP entrants are screened prior to admission to the United States and must participate in the US-Visit Program. and may not extend their stay in the United States beyond the 90-day period.