Austin, TX 78751
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Austin, TX/Remote
Full Job Description
Do you have years of experience as a paralegal and feel ready to take your challenging career to the next level? We are seeking a Paralegal Manager to guide our Paralegal Team. As a Paralegal manager, you will be managing a robust immigration caseload and supervise a team of paralegals that support attorneys at our firm, in order to ensure cases progress through the pipeline including the use of the company’s legal software. Also, you will work with the Legal Team and Client Care Team in order to achieve the firm’s goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and training new paralegals, and encouraging continuing legal education
- Assigning projects to paralegals and coordinating paralegal work-flow
- Preparing financial and statistical reports
- Participating in performance evaluations
- Promoting efficient and optimal utilization of paralegals.
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s policies and regulations.
In addition to their supervisory duties, a paralegal manager handles their own caseload, which may include, legal research, maintaining files, and preparing correspondence and other legal documents for trial, and performing other administrative duties.
You will be working on many tasks and cases concurrently, over long periods of time that are on strict timelines. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline.
We all make mistakes, and we allow for that, but a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients dearly.
You should treat a client, case, or task at 4:30 pm on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning at 9 am. Our clients are dealing with massive stress and anxiety. You should be empathetic and help put them at ease.
- Immigration: 2 years (Required)
- Managerial/supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paralegal experience: 1 year
- Management, leadership, decision-making, and communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role
- Language: Bilingual English & Spanish
- Positive personality and outlook
- Team player
- No "that's not my job" attitude- High energy and enthusiasm for the work we do
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
- Occasionally must lift 50lbs
- Full medical coverage provided
- 2 weeks PTO offered with an additional week + of paid holidays