Visa Applications Requirements & Recommendations

Before you apply for a temporary Visa or a Visa that will allow you to permanently reside in the United States, it’s important to ensure that you’re well aware of all of the Visa application requirements that you must adhere to. In order to increase your chances of your Visa being processed and approved in a timely manner.

For Tourists On A B-2 Visa

If you wish to enter the United States as a tourist on a B-2 Visa, your passport must be valid for six months after you plan to leave the United States. You’ll also be required to provide a current photo of yourself. Just be mindful that your photo must meet the specific requirements for a B-2 Visa photo. For example, you must not cover your face and your ears should be clearly visible in your selected photo.

For B-1 Business Visa

If you are not planning to move to the United States and simply intend to enter the United States for business purposes, you’ll need to include a variety of documents in your application package. Examples of which will include a copy of your valid passport, proof of funds to support yourself in the United States as well as a copy of your travel insurance. If you are the owner of your own business, also be sure to provide proof that you own your business, while if you’re an employee of a business, you’ll need to obtain a letter from your employer which outlines the reasons for your visit. For example, you may be visiting the United States to attend an important conference or an industry event or to conduct time-sensitive business negotiations.

For An F-1 Student Visa

In order to attend a U.S high school, college, or registered educational facility you’ll need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. To apply for your temporary Visa you’ll need to be offered a position by a SEVP certified educational instutition. Also, ensure that you pay your SEVP fee in time so that you can schedule a sit-down interview with a staff member at your nearest U.S Embassy or Consulate.

For Family-Sponsored Residency Visas

Visa Application Lawyers Based In Austin TXThe most important requirement to apply for a family-sponsored residency Visa is to have an immediate family member who is either a full U.S citizen or a U.S resident. Please note that you’ll only be able to seek residency in the United States through a family-sponsored Visa if you have a spouse, fiance, parent, child, or sibling who qualifies to sponsor your petition. If you ask a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or cousin to sponsor your Visa petition, your Visa will be denied.

Depending on the specific type of family-sponsored Visa that you apply for, there may be other requirements that you’ll need to meet. For example, if you plan to move to the United States by asking your U.S spouse to be your sponsor, you’ll need to abide by the requirements of the K1 Fiance Visa. The K1 Fiance Visa requires that you will marry your fiance in the United States within 90 days of setting foot in the United States. In order to fulfill the requirements of the K1 Visa, you must also hold a legal wedding ceremony which will provide you with a marriage certificate that features the date of your wedding and both your full name and your fiance’s full name.

In order to have a family-sponsored Visa approved, your sponsor will also need to demonstrate that they have the ongoing means to financially provide for you. As even if you fully intend to apply for jobs as soon as you receive your Green Card, if you’re unable to obtain a job straight away, your sponsor will be required to fund your lifestyle.

In order to apply for a family-sponsored Visa, you’ll need to apply for your Visa yourself, by registering for an online account with the USCIS. Make sure to fill out your forms in their entirety and to upload your supplementary evidence in order to expedite your Visa.

For Employer-Sponsored Residency Visas

The requirements that you’ll need to adhere to if you plan on applying for residency in the United States through a permanent job position differ greatly from the requirements of other Visas. The biggest difference in applying for an employer-sponsored Green Card is that your prospective employer will need to fill out your Visa application, on your behalf. As you will not be able to submit your own petition.

Also, keep in mind that you need to have a permanent job offer before you’re able to petition for a work-sponsored Visa. Once you have lined up a job offer, it’s a wise idea to provide your potential employer with supplementary evidence which they can upload and submit with your Visa application. For example, if the job which you’ve been offered requires a college degree or a graduate degree, you can send a copy of your college degree as well as your college transcripts to your future employer. Who’ll be able to upload these documents in order to prove that you’re suitably qualified for the job that you wish to fill.

Interview With The Nearest U.S Embassy Or Consulate

In order to obtain most Visas, except for Tourist Visas, you’ll be required to have a sit-down interview with an interviewer at your nearest U.S Embassy or Consulate. Please be aware if there isn’t a U.S Embassy or Consulate in your city, you will be required to arrange and pay for transportation to your nearest US embassy or consulate. As all interviews must be conducted in person.

Biometric Services Appointment

If you intend on applying for permanent residency in the United States, you will need to book and intend a biometric services appointment, shortly after you apply for your Visa online. At your biometric services appointment you’ll need to consent to have your fingerprints taken, your photo taken and your digital signature recorded. Failure to turn up to your biometric appointment may result in having your petition denied.

In Conclusion

If you want to expedite your Visa application and to increase your chances of having your Visa quickly approved so you can travel to the United States as soon as possible, make sure to follow all of the requirements that are listed above.

See this info
Home Page

Get Help From An U.S Immigration Attorney

    How To Find Us

    Austin Office
    Lincoln-Goldfinch Law

    1005 E 40th St
    Austin, TX 78751

    Waco Office

    Lincoln-Goldfinch Law

    1616 Austin Avenue, Suite A
    Waco, TX 76701
    By Appointment Only

    Austin & Waco

    Call or Text: (855) 502-0555
    Fax: (512) 323-9351