Lincoln-Goldfinch Law seeks an experienced Bankruptcy Attorney to consult with and onboard new clients to Lincoln-Goldfinch Law. The Bankruptcy Attorney advises and represents clients in relation to their legal rights in civil and criminal Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases. The Bankruptcy attorney meets with their clients to discuss the various aspects of their cases, performs research to gather pertinent information for each client case, and attends all hearings to represent the client in court.
This candidate for this position must reside in Texas.
The Firm Culture At Lincoln-Goldfinch Law:
Our team is outstanding and does amazing work. We have a supportive, unified culture, and fitting into this culture is the primary job requirement. “That’s not my job” is not a phrase that exists in our office.
We are not afraid of technology or learning new things that will make our jobs easier. We embrace our policies and procedures because we know that they align with our vision, bring us together as a team, and bring value to our clients.
We are high energy and enthusiastic. Yet, we are also detail-oriented and careful. Everyone here brings empathy and emotional intelligence to their interaction with clients and a passion for helping clients navigate one of the most difficult and impactful decisions of their lifetime. In short, our people are the best in the business! If you would like to be a part of our stellar team, then we encourage you to apply.
Our Core Values
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE: We are each of us constantly striving to improve ourselves and our results. We want to make today better than yesterday.
INTEGRITY: We believe in candor – giving and getting honest, constructive feedback: we say things about each other that we would say to their face.
DREAM TEAM: We are a chosen family. We are honored to be together on this mission and we hold each other to the highest standard.
PASSION: We care intensely about the success of our clients and our team members. We are tenacious and optimistic. We are confident in ourselves and our impact on the world.
INCLUSION: We fight the bullies. We intervene when someone is being marginalized. We nurture and embrace differing perspectives with kindness and empathy.
SELFLESSNESS: We set our egos aside and put the team and the mission first.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasionally must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Draft new bankruptcy cases;
- Attend hearings;
- Advise clients on the different options available to them through bankruptcy;
- Meet with potential clients;
- Help manage cases from filing through discharge;
- Stay informed of developments in bankruptcy law;
- Request/approve drafts of various objections, pleadings, and motions;
- Respond to client questions via phone and email;
- Meet with existing clients to prepare for hearings;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Court appearances and some attendant travel are required;
- Familiarity with the Texas legal system,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to draft and file pleadings in TX bankruptcy courts;
- Knowledge of the Bankruptcy Code and local rules and ability to maintain compliance with each,;
- Commitment to superior client service and be willing to actively develop relationships in the industry;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment;
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software;
Education & Experience
- Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Bar.;
- Licensed to practice law in Texas;
- Admitted to practice in the Western District of Texas bankruptcy courts;
- At least two years of related experience is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer;
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
About Lincoln-Goldfinch Law
Lincoln-Goldfinch Law is an award-winning immigration and bankruptcy law firm based out of Austin, Texas that serves people from all 50 states and from across the globe in both English and Spanish. Founded in 2015 by Kate Lincoln-Goldfinch, Lincoln-Goldfinch Law has served thousands of families that are searching for peace of mind and a fresh start.
Lincoln-Goldfinch Law is committed to promoting equity and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are considered without regard to sex, gender, race, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability status, veteran status, or other protected bases.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Bankruptcy Attorney position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line, type your last name in all caps with one adjective to describe you and add the letters BACTX. In your cover letter, answer the following questions: Why do you practice bankruptcy law? You should be detailed in your response, but don’t go over two paragraphs. You should also tell us in another paragraph why you think you would be a good fit for this firm. In the last paragraph of your cover letter, tell us what you liked about our ad and what you did not like about our ad. You can be honest; we will not hold it against you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire ad, if you decide to apply and follow instructions, we look forward to following up with you.