The Neighborhood of Barton Hills is bounded by Lady Bird Lake on the northeast with Barton Creek running through the length of the neighborhood. Its ideal location makes it the perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
Recreation & Entertainment
Zilker Metropolitan Park is a sprawling recreational area which is considered “Austin’s most loved park.” It serves as a hub for recreational activities and features numerous amenities like:
- Barton Springs Pool – a natural pool flowing from underwater springs that maintain a perennial temperature of 68 to 70 degrees. It’s a popular swimming location for both locals and tourists.
- Zilker Botanical Garden – features several themed gardens including the Taniguchi Japanese Garden, Riparian Streambed and the Austin Area Garden Center. Streams and koi ponds flow through the gardens.
- Hartman Prehistoric Garden – part of Zilker Botanical Garden, it is a fun and interesting recreation of a Cretaceous habitat, complete with heritage live oaks and prehistoric plants.
- Austin Nature and Science Center
- Zilker Clubhouse
- Girl Scout Lodge
- Sunshine Camp
- Zilker Hillside Theater
- Zilker Caretaker Lodge
- Umlauf Sculpture Gardens
- McBeth Recreation Center
- Butler Hike and Bike Trail
- Barton Creek Trail
Major recreational events are also held in the park like the Austin City Limits Music Festival, the Trail of Lights, and Zilker Park Kite Festival.
Aside from the beautiful scenery and nature reserves, Barton Hills is a popular residential area for being near Austin’s best amenities. Shopping, dining, and nightlife activities are nearby. Among the many shopping centers are Barton Creek Square, Brodie Shopping Center, Barton Hills Market, and Barton Creek Farmer’s Market.
Residents of Barton Hills hardly run out of dining choices with the myriad of restaurants, cafes and food trucks available in the area. Chuy’s is a popular Tex Mex restaurant with a great menu of Mexican classics. P. Terry’s Burger Stand is popular for its tasty but inexpensive food. Another popular Tex Mex joint is Tacodeli, with their wide variety of dishes, customers have said it gets overwhelming but the food is worth it. Customers love the Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill for its great comfort food and lovely ambiance with outdoor seating.
The neighborhood of Barton Hills is a great place to live in and even just to hang out at. Even with the variety in activities and the many visitors that come around, the neighborhood is safe and peaceful.
Driving Directions To Lincoln-Goldfinch Law
Driving Directions To Blackland